Creating a Master Slide in Microsoft PowerPoint
You can have multiple master slides in PowerPoint, but for now, we'll keep it simple and show you how to produce just one. You can design the master slide at any time, but it's best to create it before you being designing your slides.
Open a new, blank PowerPoint presentation. Go to View Master SlideMaster.
Things you should know:
- By default, any slide you create will first look like the master slide.
- If you want red titles, select the Master title textbox and change the text red.
- If you want your logo on every slide, place it here in the master slide.
- If you want to change the bullets in all your slides, change them here.
- If you want more text space and less title space, resize those elements here.
- Anything you want on every slide should first be done here on the Master.
- The Master slide will NOT affect the first slide in your presentation, which is a Title slide, and uses a Title Master, but only if you create one.